Excelsior Charter of Broward
Charter schools are public schools, but differ from traditional public schools in that they are independent and are operated by educators, parents, community leaders, educational entrepreneurs, or others. Funding for charter schools is based on designated local or state educational organizations. Those organizations are responsible for monitoring and assessing the quality and effectiveness of education, but permit the schools to operate outside of the traditional public school education system.
Charter schools are unique public schools that are allowed the freedom to be more innovative while being held accountable for advancing student achievement. Because they are public schools, they are open to all children, do not charge tuition, and do not have special entrance requirements.
About the School
Welcome to Excelsior Charter School of Broward. Excelsior Charter of Broward provides parents with a new public school choice and an opportunity to become part of an exciting community-based school. The Excelsior Charter School may be just what your child needs.
- To implement critical thinking in the students ;
- To encourage the students to apply, analyze, and develop innovative thinking .
- To build a unique young community with strong core values, and higher academics results .
The School provides:
- A safe, pleasant environment with caring and dedicated teachers ;
- Small classes for academic success ;
- After school homework assistance, tutorial and preparation ;
- Strong parental and community involvement ;
- High standards for student’s performance where students become active learners.